Gratitude is more than just saying thank you. It is truly being and feeling grateful for all that you are, all that you are becoming, and all that you have. We tend to take things and people for granted when at anytime we could lose them.
When you practice gratitude on a daily basis it not only keeps you in tune with your Inner Life, but it takes the focus off of the negative aspects of your life. Feeling gratitude creates positive energy that flows out into the Universe bringing you more things to be grateful for. Feeling and being grateful for even the smallest of things will yield great benefits. The more gratitude you feel the more resistance you will dissolve within yourself. You will no longer be going against the natural flow of life but floating happily along with it.
If you find yourself unhappy and surrounded by things you don’t want, find at least one thing to be grateful for and feel it ~ really feel the gratitude for it. It doesn’t matter what it is, just feel grateful in the having of it. Within a matter of minutes, if not seconds, you will feel a shift in your energy and your mind will automatically start focusing on other things to be grateful for.
If feeling gratitude seems more like work or does not come easy to you, start a gratitude journal. Every night before bed take a few minutes and write down 3 things you were grateful for during that particular day. It does not matter what it is as long as you can feel the gratitude toward it. When you get up the next morning, start your day off by re-reading those things. This will instill the positive feelings you had about them and start your day off on a grateful foot!
Love & Light,
- Joy is found in grieving well. (lorilara.com)
- A Grateful Heart May Be a Healthy Heart (nlm.nih.gov)
- A Grateful Heart May Be a Healthy Heart (news.health.com)
- Appreciation (meandtheboss.com)
- Understanding Your Inner & Outer Lives (innerlifejourney.com)
- Make Peace (meandtheboss.com)
- Two Women Share Their Best Advice For Managing Stress (consciouslifenews.com)
- Gratitude Journal: Our Book (robertforto.com)
- Can practicing gratitude un-break our hearts? (fusion.net)