Life is not a game per se but it is supposed to be fun. Unfortunately, we are all faced with unwanted situations. Situations that can cause more harm than good to our well-being if we allow them to. I know how hard it can be to stay focused and positive when you feel like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders so maybe it is time to stop worrying and start playing.
There was a time when I was faced with the possibility of what I felt would be the “end of me”. Although I knew it wouldn’t actually be the end of me, I allowed not only my past redirect my thoughts but I also allowed fear to control me. This did not do me good nor did it get me closer to where I wanted to be so I made up a little game in my head. One that eventually “tricked” my mind into a totally different thinking and belief pattern. It was then that everything began falling into place.
What I did was think of my outer life (people, places and things) as one big game board. I laid it out in my head like a grid map which completely matched where I live, where I go, who I spent time with, and the things I was doing or not doing. The object of the game was to only “play” with the people, places and things that brought me 100% complete joy and happiness. Boy did my game board empty out pretty quick! I had not realized how much negativity I was allowing into my life. I even felt some disbelief as I thought through this little discovery of mine until I realized what my game board was revealing me. It was revealing all the things I did NOT want! This in itself “enabled” me to change the direction of my focus which in turn changed the direction of where my life was headed. Focusing strictly on the “pieces” I WANTED , took me away from the situation I was facing at the time which took me away from my negative thinking. It actually became a daily game for me and it was fun. I would get up every morning, place myself on “Start” and from there I chose who, what, where, when and how I wanted my game board (life) to fill up. Just thinking about it brings a smile to my face and even a little laughter over some of the great and enlightening experiences I had while playing!
Honestly speaking, I would say it was within 3 – 5 days that things began to change. Not only did I feel “normal” again, but I also felt a renewed sense of faith and hope. I knew everything was going to be okay and it was and is. Today my game board is filled with nothing but the pieces (people, places and things) that do in fact bring me complete joy and happiness!
What type of pieces are on your game board? What is your game board revealing to you? Lay it out in your head and see what gives you a spark and see what makes you die out. Remove every piece (or work toward removing it) that does not leave you feeling good. Recreate your entire life if you want to for you are the only one who has control over your life and how you feel. No one or no thing is responsible for it except you.
You can’t change your thinking and belief patterns if you are surrounded with negativity so by way of this little game, you are adding joy and happiness to your life through people, places and things, which in turn automatically changes the pattern of your thinking! From there, as long as you continue to have positive thoughts and feelings, nothing but good will come into play!!!
Positive pieces to add to your game board:
- Positive, Inspiring, Self Assured, Well Balanced People
- Cooking / Baking
- Helping Others
- Cleaning – getting rid of the things you no longer have a use for
- Pampering Yourself
- Hobbies, Writing, Reading
- Playing with your Pets
- Family Time / Family Meals
- Feel Good / Funny Movies
- New Places
- Ice Cream – when is the last time you had an ice cream cone?
Negative pieces to remove from your game board:
- Negative, Drama Filled, Unbalanced People
- Self Destructive Behaviors
- Unhealthy Life Styles
- Eating Junk Food
- Being a Couch Potato
- Violent, Depressing Movies
I think you get the idea – it is your game board so play with it any way you so choose as long as it makes you feel HAPPY!
Love & Light,
Cynthia K Ortiz, Inner Life Guidance Coach
- What Are Your Feelings Creating (leaplikeafrog.com)
- Don’t Wait For It; Live in the Essence of It (leaplikeafrog.com)
- fabulous friday #6 (daybydaymasterpiece.com)
- What Board Games Can Teach Us About Personal Finance (community.ally.com)
- 10 Best Board Games for a Night In – Apartment Therapy Game Room (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Board Games – A Great Way to Encourage C (paradisewellness.wordpress.com)
- Teach Your Children – Life Skills and Spiritual Tool – No. 14 (eagleman6788.wordpress.com)
- Everything you ever wanted to know about living in a video game and where afraid to ask! (eagleman6788.wordpress.com)
- Detoxing Your Mind (leaplikeafrog.com)