We cleanse our bodies as a healthy means to flushing out unwanted toxins, but how often do we cleanse our minds of toxic thoughts? Our minds are just as important as our bodies, if not more, for what we feed our minds, feeds our bodies. Unhealthy thoughts lead to unhealthy habits that can eventually cause disease and death. How and what you think will ultimately contribute to the quality of your whole life, physically, mentally and spiritually.
Just as it takes time to cleanse and detox our bodies, it also takes time to cleanse and detox our minds. Our toxic thought patterns are poisonous to our lives and especially to our hearts. How can you live through your heart if your mind is poisoning every part of your life and body? Any negative thought or belief is toxic to our well-being especially when these thoughts are directed toward ourselves.
The reason our toxic thoughts make us feel so “bad” is because they are not in align with who we really are; they do not come from our Inner Life, but through our outer life. When you dwell on negative thoughts you move further away from your Inner Life until one day you wake up filled with anger, frustration, stress, anxiety or depression. When you become consciously aware of your negative thought patterns you can more easily change them because you will have the control, not your mind.
The first sign of any toxic thought is how you feel. If you do not feel “good”, you are not thinking good thoughts. There is no way you can think positive and not feel good. If you can get in the habit of daily meditation, changing your thought patterns will come more easily because you will be creating no thought. No thought aligns you with your Inner Life because you are then one with who you really are. And when you are one with who you really are; negativity escapes you. If meditation does not come easily to you, train yourself to change every negative thought to a good one even if it means focusing on just one thing that makes you feel good. You can also get in the habit of consciously thinking positive thoughts before the negative thoughts take over your mind. Start your day off by thinking about the aspects of your life that make you feel good. In time, your mind will automatically think the positive thought before it starts to think the toxic thought because you have re-trained your mind into a positive thinking pattern.
Be patient with yourself as you move toward a new way of thinking and keep in mind what benefits the mind will surely benefit the body. You will be amazed at how quickly life can change in the direction you want it to just by feeling good!!!!
Love & Light,
Cindy Ortiz, Inner Life Guidance Coach
- Toxicity In The Mind / Toxicity In The Body (Part One) (masteringforgiveness.wordpress.com)
- Tips for Detoxifying Body, Mind & Home (livingalifelesstoxic.com)
- The Power of Positive Thinking (robinluthi.com)
- Don’t Wait For It; Live in the Essence of It (leaplikeafrog.com)
- more on thinking (text-patterns.thenewatlantis.com)
- 10 Negative Thoughts We All Have And What We Should Think Instead (lifehack.org)
- Start Improving Your Self-Esteem Today! (massageenvy.com)
- How Positive Thoughts Build Skills, Boost Health, and Improve Work (luthas.com)
- 10 Steps to Positive Thinking: By napoleon Hill (mwangimbugua.wordpress.com)
- Positive Thinking And Its Effect On Your Health (search4articles.wordpress.com)