There may come a time in your life when you are “offered” a second chance. A chance to become who you are truly meant to be. Through whatever means this second chance has come into your life, start from where you are. There is no need to go back and rehash what was done right or wrong or how you ended up where you are. There is also no need to start worrying about the future; as to whether or not things will work out or get better.
Too often we impair ourselves by believing we need to “clean up” the past, but this will only hinder where you want to go. When you go back in time it pulls you away from your Inner Life, from who you really are, from the present moment. It causes unnecessary pain because you remember how and why you lost your way in the first place. If you stay focused on “what was” instead of “what is” it will slowly drain you of your happiness and self-worth.
Second chances are not about righting your wrongs or proving your worth; they are about you and only you on a very deep and personal level. They are about you becoming who you really are by YOUR choice, not through the circumstances of your outer life or other people. This in itself will alleviate and fade out any pain and/or destruction that was created before this moment.
If a second chance is really what you want and desire then allow your heart to lead the way. Live within the boundaries of your Inner Life and trust your instincts. You will know which way to go and what words to speak. You will know what feels good and what doesn’t feel good. And you will know beyond a shadow of a doubt that all is well and all will be well.
All that really matters from this point forward is who you choose to be and how you choose to live your life. You do not have to prove anything to anyone but instead love with all your heart and allow your Inner Life carry you to where you want to be.
Love & Light,
Cindy Ortiz, Inner Life Guidance Coach
* Please feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding today’s post, want to share your own experiences, or if you feel you need a little guidance in your life right now. I will always respond within 24-hours PST. With Much Love…..
- Kindness is magic. (alano1992.wordpress.com)
- How to Stop Relationship Myths from Sabotaging your Happiness. (eagleman6788.wordpress.com)
- Knowing Who You Are and Your Worth is Sometimes All You Need (leaplikeafrog.com)
- Life Is the Way You Make It (leaplikeafrog.com)
- 30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself (ameborepublik.wordpress.com)
- Diminishing the Problem Monster (leaplikeafrog.com)
- Week 11 – Kindness (cindy-ortiz.com)
- Chances (fishingfromthemo0n.wordpress.com)
- The 3 C’s of Life – another poem (kathleenjshields.wordpress.com)