What another person says, does, thinks or feels is not because of you. You may think it is, but it is far from it. It is because of them; of who they are. A person’s reaction or response to any one thing is their own. It comes from a place that only they know and understand. This does not make it wrong or right, it just makes it what it is and who they are.
We all live in the same world and yet our worlds are totally different. This is because we live through our own individual minds. Yes, we may agree on certain things, but never will any two “agreements” be identical. How you feel about something comes from your own unique set of emotions, thoughts, beliefs, and perceptions. We could both be looking at a beautiful sunset but the beauty we see is going to be different because we are different. We may agree that it is beautiful but what beauty is to you will never be the same of what beauty is to me.
It does not matter how we are treated by another human being, it is always about the person it is coming from. This falls true in experiences that we consider to be positive as well. As an example, if someone lives a joyous and happy life, they are going to treat you very well. If a person lives a miserable and unhappy life, they are not going to treat you very well. You cannot be happy and mean or unhappy and kind at the same time, it just is not possible. All that we have lived is inside of us and so our responses to others or to the world in general will be based off of what lies within.
So the next time someone treats you in a way that you do not appreciate, understand or agree with, remind yourself that it has absolutely nothing to do with you! Give yourself a break and just let it go. You are perfect exactly as you are!
Love & Light,
- ” Happiness is a State of Mind ” ( Myrhen B. Legara ) (shaembaem.wordpress.com)
- Create Your Life Happy (leaplikeafrog.com)
- True Happiness is Simple (leaplikeafrog.com)
- Frogs With Your Fries (leaplikeafrog.com)
- The Happiness Project Continues: I Am Beautiful Just the Way I am (joyfulpench.wordpress.com)
- How can you appreciate victory if you never tasted defeat? How can you appreciate good food if you never went hungry? (eagleman6788.wordpress.com)